Current Participant Handbook
CURRENT PARTICIPANT HANDBOOK 2016-2017
To view or download the complete 2016-2017 Participant Handbook for further information on payment dates, scholarship applications, cancellations and "no-show" policies, eligibility and dismissal policies, safefy rules, and the program calendar, click here.
Cancellation and “No-Show” Policy
It is difficult to reschedule both horses and volunteers at short notice. You are paying to retain a specific time slot. Please be advised of the following policies:
- Please arrive a few minutes early for your lesson so you have time to get your helmet, use the rest room, and be ready to mount on time.
- If you must cancel a lesson, please email Tracey at email@example.com or call the cancellation line, 215-918-1001 x 301, as soon as possible so we can alert the volunteers and instructors. By letting us know early, volunteers and instructors can plan their day. In case of emergency, the participant or parent/guardian should call within 24-48 hours after the emergency. Without a call, you will be considered a “no-show” and will be responsible for payment for that lesson.
Special Equestrians cancels lessons for everyone’s health and safety for the following reasons:
- The heat index is forecasted 95 degrees or above
- The wind chill is forecasted 20 degrees or below
- Snow or ice makes travel hazardous
Special Equestrians will decide on closings by 8 am for morning lessons and 1 pm for evening lessons. We will make up the missed lessons when the weather and our schedule allows. To find out if we are closed:
- Check your email inbox; we will email all participant families whose lessons are cancelled.
- Check the Special Equestrians center or group page on Facebook.
- Call (215) 918-1001, x 305 and listen to the message.
- Visit www.nbcphiladelphia.com/weather/school-closings.